Saturday, August 15, 2009

Polish Couch Surfer Writes Malta Blog!

My two Polish Couch Surfers moved into their own flat last night. One of them, Peter, is a 21 year-old student of International Relations and has begun writing a blog about his experiences here in Malta. I often find it interesting to read about what other people find quirky and strange in a place that I know well. If you're interested in such musings too, Peter's blog can be found here: http://www.maltasmellsnice.blogspot.com/

I'm impressed by his writing skills in English. I wonder how many British, US or Australian 21 year-olds can write as well in a second language? The general lack of second language skills among young native English speakers is a sad indictment of the arrogance of the English-speaking world.

No comments: