Thursday, April 06, 2006

Internet cafe with a difference

I'm sitting in this interesting cafe near the Leidseplein in Amsterdam. It's part of an old theatre, and the cafe is in what used to be the foyer. There's a wide wooden staircase and an ornate old-fashioned chandelier hanging from the ceiling. Everything is slightly shabby. The cafe has wireless internet access, so some people, like me, are sitting at tables with laptops surfing the net, although most are not. I think people come more for coffee or a drink (they also serve alcohol) than for the free internet access. I'm going to see how fast my photos upload, as there's quite a few from Rwanda that I still wanted to post. Here's a couple from a 6 am sunrise I caught the day before I left. I miss the view over the valley from my back deck...



No comments: